Wednesday, May 22, 2024

WIP Wednesday - Snap Happy


This week for the Sewalong of Snap Happy by Pen and Paper Patterns, we should be stitching up photo blocks. I was so excited about all of the Ruby Star Society fabrics that I fussy cut for the blocks, that I immediately stitched ALL of the photo blocks.

There are a lot of strawberry prints, yogurt pots and pink. I decided to clear my design boards of the Folk Art Sampler blocks and lay out the blocks.


I had some spare time one morning and decided to cut the borders next and it is such a simple layout that the rows were soon put together. I then forced myself to put aside this project and focus on the Mave skirt. All is cut out and the top layer of the skirt and pockets are complete but that's as far as I got as my machine just stopped working. The Janome dealer found there was a spring missing so has ordered the part and I hope to get it back this week.

In the meantime, I pressed the rows and cut the sashings ready for when I have my machine back. I anticipate that this will be finished before the true Bias Mave skirt.

No comments: