I am going to the Modern Quilt Club retreat again in October. Swaps were recently released so I decided to break out some of the faric I bought at Gather Here in Boston and make another slim line pencil cae for the pouch swap.
Gather Here had a Labor Day sale so I preordered some Ruby Star Society in the sale and collected it when I was in boston.
I used a small amount of Soda Pop and a pink zip I also bought at Gather Here to make another of these useful pencil cases from a tutorial by Sotak Handmade.
Wednesday, September 18, 2019
I was away at the beginning of the month in Boston, so on my return, catching up my BOM blocks was my first objective. Today I have caught up with the Quiet Play BOM. A happy word in a happy colour:
And here is the shape block:
Finally here are the first three rows, partly sewn together. I now realise that I forgot to put the bottom border on the "happy" block, so I think that's three blocks to correct in October - bobbin, happy and another word block. I also plan to sew the first thee rows together next month too.
I do like the Essex linen in silver for the bee body.
Friday, September 13, 2019
My quilt is finished and ready to donate to a local breast cancer charity. You may even be able to see that I embroidered my name in the heart block at the bottom right of the quilt. The quilt is called Kinship Sampler by Gnome angel. The sew along is still continuing but I wanted to get it finished.
The backing is by Carolyn Friedlander and I used some of the offcuts to line our holiday bags. Just laziness really as the large scraps hadn't yet been put away and went nicely with the black and grey outside of the bags.
I just need to decide what to work on when we return from Boston. I should probably finish quilting my It's a small world by Jen Kingwell but I will realistically start a small magazine project first.
Wednesday, September 11, 2019
When we recently went to the UK for my son's graduation, we were delayed for over 3 hours at Liverpool airport and I had no knitting with me. What a travesty. I did have my iPad with some free books on it to read but I did feel it was three hours wasted.
So I have been busy finishing my Crazy Zauberball socks and kitting up a new pair of socks for our trip to Boston. I am going to knit the newly released pattern from the Swish and flick collative by Kay Jones of The Bakery Bears. I found this lovely sock blank that was in a destash bundle that I purchased. The bag of yarn has sat on a table for at least six months unloved. It is now all put away apart from five skeins that I destashed locally along with my first swift which is surplus to requirements as I received a new one for my birthday.
I have unwound the sock blank into two cakes with the dark pink to go at the cuff. The cuffs are knit on both socks and in this lovely bag by Liberty Rocks. I think next I should pack clothes for our trip.
Monday, September 09, 2019
When I should have been packing, I decided to make some bags to put our smalls in on the outward journey to the US and to use as laundry bags on the return journey. I am a terrible procrastinator but have found that using Todoist on my phone, I am scheduling when things should be done and I am for the most part doing them on the allocated date.
I have received some new fabric today and I really want to cut into it but I must pack. Watch this space. :)
Friday, September 06, 2019
I am so excited to be up to date for both shapes and words for the Quietplay 2019 BOM. I particularly like the silver linen that I used for the body of the bee.
Here is a group photo and I bet you're counting and saying to yourself August is the eighth month and there are only seven blocks. And you would be correct, one of the later blocks is duplicated to make a rainbow. Once again I realise that I need to put a frame around the spool block and I think I will replace the grey spool ends with silver.
Wednesday, September 04, 2019
I am loving the 2019 Perfect HST BOM Block-of-the-Month program with Freshly Pieced. This is released on the first Monday of each month and I have completed all of the blocks up to and including August. They are looking good and each month you make extra units for following months.
I have run out of the butterfly fabric so have added another fabric from the same line which you can see in the picture of all eight blocks so far.
My only feedback on this BOM would be that it would have been better to have the large block for the centre of the quilt, in the first few months as the pieces are larger. I have endeavoured to use my Accuquilt to cut the HSTs which has been successful so far and in a few place I have eliminated extra seams.