Wednesday, September 11, 2019

WIP Wednesday - holiday preparations



When we recently went to the UK for my son's graduation, we were delayed for over 3 hours at Liverpool airport and I had no knitting with me. What a travesty. I did have my iPad with some free books on it to read but I did feel it was three hours wasted.


So I have been busy finishing my Crazy Zauberball socks and kitting up a new pair of socks for our trip to Boston. I am going to knit the newly released pattern from the Swish and flick collative by Kay Jones of The Bakery Bears. I found this lovely sock blank that was in a destash bundle that I purchased. The bag of yarn has sat on a table for at least six months unloved. It is now all put away apart from five skeins that I destashed locally along with my first swift which is surplus to requirements as I received a new one for my birthday.


I have unwound the sock blank into two cakes with the dark pink to go at the cuff. The cuffs are knit on both socks and in this lovely bag by Liberty Rocks. I think next I should pack clothes for our trip.


No comments: