Thursday, September 20, 2018

Q4 finish along

I only finished one item last quarter, but significant progress has been made on some projects. I need to start quilting my finished tops when my HQ Avante comes back from being serviced.

1. Jan Krentz star from 2010

2. TQS BOM Sedona Star from Jan 2012 - I have been working on this for my #100daysofufosewing so progress is being made.

3. Lion from 2017

4. Tula Pink butterfly from October 2017. I need to move a few blocks and then quilt it.

5. My small world from 2016 which is pieced and partly quilted.

6. Five impossible things

7. Test quilt for Abigail which I will work on next.

8. Elizabeth Hartman quilt along which I am probably going to leave at the number of blocks I already have made.

9. I want to make a project from Gnomeangel's new book and I have made some fussy cutting templates to use to make the we are all connected mini quilt.

10 to 12 some tops for my holiday and a shirt for Halloween in a Tula a Pink skulls fabric.

Lone star salsa

I have been participating in the #greatbritishquilter daily challenge on Instagram. Towards the end zone f last week, we were challenged to reveal our oldest UFO. finishing our oldest UFO is also the challenge I set four the Jersey Modern Quilt Guild too. This UFO dates back to 2010 as it was started in a workshop with Jan Krentz during the Icelandic volcanic ash cloud.

This project has languished as I didn't like the freezer paper method for the foundation piecing method demonstrated. All of the diamonds were complete, blocked and trimmed.

I gritted my teeth and decided to work on it at the Jersey Me de n Quilt Guild meeting on Saturday and I completed five more of the rocket blocks. Nothing sewn together yet.

Here it is now. The rocket blocks are complete and one count rent is sewn on. I made a mistake and printed the company energy black cost the wrong size so I reprinted the pattern, unpicked the incorrect blocks to reuse the fabric and have six of the twelve foundation pieced units complete. I am enthusiastic to get this finished by Sunday.

I also did a quick calculation and have sufficient client of the navy fossil fern to add a narrow border and binding. Happy dance.