Friday, May 11, 2018

Craftsy offer for US Mother's Day

Mother's Day Free Weekend Watchathon at! <ul> <li>Stream 1,300+ classes free this weekend. Unlock FREE Access to Every Craftsy Class through 5/13/18 11:59pm EST.

Despite it not being Mother's Day in the UK, it might be worth checking out this offer of free classes this weekend. I have just been watching one of the classes for the Everything in Its Place bag by Annie Unrein.

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Slalom pouch

The bias tape curves technique was taught at our JMQG rainbow retreat in March 2018 by Jenny Haynes (IG Pappersaxsten). Once I got down to unpicking one side of the zip, which was sewn in according to noodlehead's open wide pouch tutorial on her blog, it only took me an hour to finish the project. I wish all UFOs were that easy.

The lining is by Aneela Hoey for Moda, so some vintage stash has been used.

Sunday, May 06, 2018

#100days of UFOs pretty Little London

Happy dance. My cross stitch is finished. I stopped working on it for a few days as I had a trip to the UK at the end of last week, for which I needed some hand sewing, but I finished this on Saturday, steamed it to remove the wrinkles and took it straight to the framers.

The yellow and blue of the road was the last part to be finished and I have picked out the pale blue for a mount with a silver frame. 

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Round peg square hole cushion

I have finished the class project from the Krista Hennebury class I attended ten days ago with Oxfordshire Modern Quilt Guild. Having decided on the binding fabric, I was able to also pull out the piece that was in my scrap bags which had been pressed a few days earlier. I had just enough fabric for the binding which I cut at 3.25" wide so I could machine stitch the binding.

This is ready to join my Christmas cross stitch for next year's Eisteddfod.

I used snaps to finish the back, but prefer the Kam snaps to these Prym snaps.

Three weeks into #100daysofufosewing

I havehad to pack my Pretty Little London cross stitch four our trip later his week to France otherwise I would have finished it before our trip. Three weeks ago I had barely done a quarter of this pattern, but by stitching for at least 30 minutes a day, in three weeks I gave progressed to three quarters complete.

We are away for four days so I hope to finish at least Buckingham Palace and St Paul's Cathedral. The end is in sight.

Even though we are taking the car, I am still packing light with my small suitcase and this project in a plastic bag.

Sunday, April 22, 2018

JMQG inspiration

Here are all of our Jersey MQG entries for the Jersey Eisteddfod needlework section including the group trophy that we won for the second time. It is inspiring to see the work done by members over the previous year displayed in one place. Though pulling together the display by myself almost killed me.

The room was very hot yesterday and three of us sat chatting about scrap management. Sue had taken my system of zip lick bags for each colour a step further and pressed the scraps at one of our meetings. Gisele decided to do the same yesterday evening and payed the results on Instagram.

This morning I did the same whilst starting a new bag for linen scraps and Sweetwater HSTs which I am sure could be made into a quilt. Once pressed the scraps take about a third of the room than before pressing. I need to take this system further and add your Bonnie and Camille scraps which occupy one basket with only a small amount of FQs and yardage.

Monday, April 16, 2018

Pretty little London progress

Today is my first day in London and I am meeting up with friends to go to some craft shops and lunch, before heading to Gatwick airport to go home. I brought along my #100DayProject to work on as it is very portable. I am pleased with the progress I have made in two weeks on this project and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I may even finish this one this month.

Each day I have worked on one element of the picture. Yesterday I finished the clouds and the Sun and progress to working on St Paul's Cathedral in the bottom right hand corner. I have only realised recently that the building in the left-hand corner must be Buckingham Palace.

Monday, April 09, 2018

#100days week 1 check in

It feels like I have abandoned all other projects to work on my Pretty Little London cross stitch this week. 

I finished the tower of the bridge of the left side as well as the Shard and Gherkin. I love the look of the Gherkin building as it has been represented in the pattern.

I tentatively completed the blue border under the tower to see if both sides would meet. Hooray, success. I feel the project is half complete though there are big portions on the left and bottom still to be completed.

And yesterday I completed the second tower along with a customer quilt. A big customer quilt.

Today I need to prep for two workshops I am attending in the UK as well as finish the blue supports to the bridge. I am also focussing on finishing customer quilts so that I can work on my own projects over the next three months. The first project requiring attention is my lion which needs to be quilted.