I have had the jungle abstractions quilt:the lion on my Wish List since the pattern was released. Whilst buying the mini pearl bracelets I required to finish the sewcial bee sampler, the kit for this fell into my basket. I have calculated that if I can make one block per day I should be finished by Christmas!
Wednesday, July 26, 2017
I am very pleased to have finished all of the blocks, the last of which was released last week.
I was surprised how few purple fabrics there are in my stash. I will add purple fabrics to my Festival of Quilts shopping list which is in two weeks time.
I dithered about what to use for binding, but in the end went for a low volume by Carolyn Friedlander.
I went for a circular quilting design to pick up the mini pearl bracelets by Lizzy House which were used to frame each block.
Wednesday, July 12, 2017
Where did another month go? It seems like less than a month ago that I finished the June block. I only had a little of this block stitched when I picked it up again last week. I try to work on this UFO at the start of each month as it takes the longest to make any tangible progress.
Saturday, July 01, 2017
Well Q2 finishes from this list were sparce. However two projects went with me to the Simply Solids Retreat, so hopefully progress will be made. I have also added two projects to the Q3 list - Bjorn Bear and the Bee Sewcial Sew along which finishes in four weeks time.
1. Bjorn Bear mini quilt for Chez Soi Quilters Christmas Challenge, this is cut out and I should get it mostly finished at retreat.
2. Jan Krentz project - this stalled because I didn't like one of the techniques used.
3. It's a small world 3 out of six panels are complete apart from some appliqué. This progressed a little in quarter 1 and I am working on panel 4.
4. Green tea and sweet beans just needs some extra borders. This has progressed to needing border on one and a half sides and I am cutting out pinwheel and flying geese units ready to finish the piecing at the Simply Solids retreat.
5. TQS BOM has a drawer to itself and needs a lot of work. If I complete the selected project before the end of the month, I will work on this project. There is a lot of work to be done and I have now finished up until month six. My brother has helped me tape together the big corner units, so I am hoping to work on this one in July. However I used an incorrect fabric and run out of it, so I need to formulate a plan first.
6. Xmas hexagons - this is going to become a bedside table mat for December now instead of a project bag.
7. Makers tote - pattern purchased. Our modern quilt guild (JMQG) are doing a sewalong with this pattern in July.
8. The Thread House retreat quilt.