Wednesday, May 08, 2024

WIP Wednesday- 2024 Collector’s heart

Tomorrow is our second bank holiday - Liberation Day but today I'm busy with an appointment with the dental hygienist followed by a Covid vaccination and a quiz this evening. Busy busy!


This is how much I'd achieved on the 2024 collector's heart from Heart in Hand before we went to Nantes and it came back without an extra stitch having been added! The 2023 version came with the required thread, linen and button, but there were no threads with the 2024 pattern. However, in my small stash I did find all of the required threads apart from one which I decided to substitute for merlot by Weeks Dye Works.


I have made good progress this week but have now run out of red licorice so I need to place an order so that I can finish the piece this month. I can probably do an evening's more stitching and then it will need to be set aside.


This month's chosen UFO is Cast a Spell by Hands on Design. It will be a quick stitch which I'll start this week but first I need to review the DMC substitutions for the specified Cosmo threads to make sure I like the colour intensity on the black.

 

No comments: