Wednesday, May 29, 2024

WIP Wednesday - how do you store your WIPs?

 

 

I have to admit I'm a lover of the big strong zip bags from Amazon as you can see what's inside the bag. I am planning to do a machine embroidery sewalong in June. I have the CD and have printed out the instructions which are comprehensive. This morning, I started to pull some Christmas fabrics from my stash. I am not following the colours in the pattern as I'm not a fan of plaids, green and brown.



Fortunately, my Christmas fabrics are in one basket, neatly folded in colour order. I wish the rest of my stash was this tidy. I was hoping to be able to use some of my scraps for the project but only two of the many fabrics came from the scrap bag and I also chose several spotted fabrics from my general stash. I id take the opportunity to weed out some 1930s style prints and some smaller scraps.


I haven't yet chosen my feature / backing fabric yet, but I have put some choices in the zip bag. The bench pillow features a ruffle which I'm going to change for some jumbo ric rac which has been in my stash for possibly a decade.


I don't generally label my zipped pouches. The exception to that is my Guild UFO challenge projects which are labelled, numbered and put in a Really Useful Box so they're easy to find.


No comments: