Monday, May 06, 2024

Monday make - quilter’s tote 3


Today is the first Bank Holiday of three that we have during May in Jersey. We have an extra bank holiday to celebrate the liberation of the islands in 1945 on 9 May.


You'd think I'd be taking it easy today, but this morning we're taking my aunt back to her house for a visit and I hope she decides to put the house on the market. An empty house is an expense for her. This afternoon I have a meeting which I'm told will be quick, I have my doubts!


You might think that you've seen this bag before! This is the third My Quilter's Tote by Zeriano that I've made so far. I quilted the panels for two bags at once which was very efficiently done on my long arm with a digital pantograph called Circuits by Anne Bright.


I even remembered to stitch a label from Sew Anonymous into the binding. I have taken out a monthly subscription to The Label Collective and the first month came with a lovely big sticky label. where to put it? I decided that the Aurifil box that I use to store the feet for my Janome Atelier 7 might be a good place as it might remind me to use a label in every project.

The humper jumper that came with my machine came in very useful with the thickness of the bag seams and binding. I didn't know what it was until someone did a demonstration at a guild meeting.


No comments: