Monday, May 20, 2024

Monday make - plaid all year

 


We have been holidaying in Guernsey since last Thursday with my 96 year old father and we are travelling home this afternoon. I brought two projects with me and for once I actually worked on Plaid all year - cast a spell by Hands on Design. This is my Guild UFO project for May.




I like to start in the middle of the project and work down to the bottom, up to the top and then left and right. I am a poor counter so need to constantly check my counting. I have managed during this holiday to reach all of the edges and start one of all of the motifs. Only the row of flasks is complete.


I don’t pack any extra items in my project bags when I travel. We have travelled by boat with my little VW Polo so I left extra patterns in the project bag. I bring with me the fabric, threads on a book ring and a working photocopy of the chart. Other essentials include hand cream, lip slave, thread gloss, my pretty pink cohana snips and my needle case. All of the small items fit nicely into a free Moda zip pouch. I must focus on finishing this piece and a customer quilt this week.


We explored Candie Gardens on our own whilst Dad was at church on Sunday and on Friday we went to Herm by boat. Dad passed on going to Herm which was wise as it was very hard on our legs and at one point I slid and ended on my bottom! I am looking forward to getting home but need to go straight out this evening to a quilt group meeting.

No comments: