Monday, May 27, 2024

Monday Make - La Vie en Rose Nantes


La Vie en Rose Nantes is a foundation pieced panel that I started at Pour L'Amour du Fil i Nantes in April. The pattern is by Veruschka Zarate. I focused on finishing this piece on Saturday and I got it finished. The piece was already complete, and I added a small border of the red around the whole piece. 


Included in the class kit was a trio of Wonderfil Decobob threads which coordinated with the project. I used these threads to do some straight line quilting 1/4" apart. I started with red at the top, then teal, then yellow. The quilting finished again with red at the bottom. I transitioned from one colour to another by adding random lines of the new colour.



I put the quilted panel aside and did a stash dive to find something, preferably in red to use on the ack of the cushion. There were slim pickings as I needed more than a half yard of fabric. I did find this ombre fabric which I don't remember purchasing and was surprised to fin chunk o the fabric cut out of the middle of the fabric. However, I did have enough of the fabric, and I closed the cushion with my usual snaps.


I was proud as punch to find this Kyie and the Machine label to put on the back of the cushion and I remembered to sew it on early in the construction of the cushion. I have even found a suitable label for my next project.

Today is the last of three Bank Holidays, so I am going to focus on finishing the Mave Skirt despite only three hours of sleep. How wrong could this turn out? Then tomorrow I must unpick a customer quilt on my longarm a the machine will be going in for a service in ten days' time.



 

No comments: