Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Wednesday WIP - January goals


The UFO chosen for our guild challenge for January was of course the project with the most work that needed doing. My tattoo quilt. I have now finished the central block which I shared on Monday and am ready to piece it together. Fortunately my daughter has decided to go with the option of no extra borders so it will soon be ready to quilt.


I also have two January themed Cross stitch pieces I’d like to finish this month. This is the first - January cottage by Country Cottage Needlework’s. Progress is good but it is mostly white snowflakes which need to be stitched now and I am not keen on stitching white.





I also signed up for a foundation pieced block of the month called “around the world” designed by Whole Circle Studios. Month one was Cairo and a straight forward stitch. I am using the bone background from my tattoo quilt which I didn’t use and the other plains are from stash.  I visited Egypt with the children about ten years ago and my overriding memories of the pyramids was the hawker who wouldn't give me change back. we probably got picked out as we had no man with us. That experience demonstrated that there was no point making eye contact with the vendors and we enjoyed the sights instead. My other mistake was not taking a swimming costume with me and the children's highlight was the swimming pool at the hotel in Luxor. we also went up in a hot air balloon which was another bucket list item.

How are your January stitching plans coming along as we near the middle of the month?

No comments: