Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Design Wall Wednesday


These economy blocks are about to come down from my design wall as I need more space for my Fraktal quilt. Whilst sewing up my HSTs and flying geese for my Fraktal quilt, I have 22 blocks complete. I also cut into my V & Co ombre metallics last week and my stash of Bonnie & Camille to add more variety to this project. I have fewer reds and pinks than I thought!!
 

During the Zoom call on Saturday for the Fraktal sewalong, I started piecing some of the many HSTs into these corner blocks. I am paranoid that I have used the wrong colour for some of the blocks so I want to get the whole quilt so far on the wall so I can do a visual check of the flow of the colours. Fingers crossed. I think I want to add a narrow border of the background around the quilt and will probably bind the quilt in the same colour. Not sure what to use for backing as I have nothing suitable in stash, so I need to order that soon too.



I was stitching both a small Foundation pieced block this morning along with some pieced blocks and I thought this tip might be useful if you have a similar machine to mine. I programme the zig zag stitch with a width 0 and length 1.5 and switch to this stitch when foundation piecing and then switch back to stitch one when doing regular piecing. The change only lasts until the machine is switched off but it's a useful hack for me.

No comments: