Friday, January 08, 2021

Friday freebie - economy block

 




The economy block have a resurgence in popularity a few years ago and a sewalong. shocking but I didn't join that sewalong!! I saw someone post on Instagram that you could make the block with dies 1, 3, and 4 of any Accuquilt mix and match set. I might have a few different sets of dies, so I did a mock up in EQ8 using low volume centres, red for the second round and pink corners.


I dived into my scrap basket and started cutting.  My plan is to use these as a leader and ender project in 2021 and I bagged up each section which I keep in a wooden trough behind my sewing machine. I have also diarised to cut extra pieces once a month. I am surprised that my scraps didn't yield a lot of pieces, so I have started using up layer cake squares and yardage.


I have been busy stitching the final block on my tattoo quilt which I should finish today so have already made nine blocks. I plan to donate this as a fundraiser for After Breast Cancer as they were thrilled with the previous pink and red quilt that I donated.



No comments: