Monday, January 04, 2021

Monday make - Respect

 

Happy New Year to you all. Yesterday I met up with friends for a very quick sea swim. No idea what the water temperature was, but it was shockingly cold. Whilst sorting ourselves out for a socially distanced photograph, I tripped over a very big rock, so today my body and pride are still very battered and bruised. It took me ages to get warm so I didn't get as much sewing done yesterday as I'd hoped.


I have joined in our Guild's UFO challenge again in 2021 but yo would have thought I would have learnt by experience. That would be a definite no. I included one big project on my list and it was drawn for January. So I have a month to complete my tattoo quilt. 

I am making progress already, on Saturday I finished stitching the component parts of RESPECT and yesterday I pieced it together whilst working on the large final block.


I didn't quite get the banner sections of the final block completed yesterday but all of the words are complete as well as a few of the blocks in the central heart motif. Today I will work on completing the banners and start all of the blocks with a leaf in them. By Saturday 16 January, I plan to have all of the blocks completed and perhaps even a quilt top.


No comments: