Monday, January 11, 2021

Monday make - open mind open heart

This month's block for the official sew along is Peace which is so relevant, it breaks my heart. This is the full tattoo quit by @happysewlucky and a week ago I shared the finished Respect block. This week I have worked like a Trojan and the central block is now complete apart from the sashing. I have one other block to sash too.

I purchased a complete kit from Sew Hot UK with the Kona colours and on each block I have substituted the background fabric with Tula Pink's fairy dust in whisper and changed a couple of th fabrics in each block for other Tula Pink fabric from my stash.



I went to trim the blocks down on Saturday and found :

1. Some of the block patterns say  20" finished width or length an others say 21". 21" is the correct measurement; and

2. I didn't make the sashing quite big enough so my blocks are smaller than the pattern.

I have plenty of the background fabric and decided to unpick all of the sashings and start again. However having put the project in time out, I am going to figure out the maths to make the locks work as is and hopefully plan to piece the top this week. First I have a customer quilt to put on my long arm today. Threads and pattern have been chosen via FB messenger so I am good to go.

No comments: