Friday, January 15, 2021

Friday freebie - Lady Skellington

 


A friend sent me a link to this free pattern from Freespirit made using Tula Pink fabrics. Available here. Knowing that I had Accuquilt dies that could be adapted for this project as well as the Linework fabrics which I have been using for my Tattoo Quilt, I forwarded the link to my skull obsessed daughter. The following day she was pulling out all of my black, grey and white scraps of fabric (which are still on my workroom floor). I don't buy a lot of yardage so we were short of fabrics for a background, so Lizzie decided she'd dye her own background in a brilliant red.

Being impatient (no idea where that trait comes from. :) ) she cut the shapes without bondaweb and stuck them down with Elmers glue. She is now quilting the whole top on my long arm and going three times around all of the applique shapes, which really makes them pop. 


Watch this space as Lizzie is returning to Aberdeen University on Sunday (not Tuesday as she thought) so she has several projects to complete in the next two days.

No comments: