Friday, October 30, 2020

Friday Freebie - By Annie's Petit Fours baskets

Our retreat is in a week's time and my packing has started. However I can't find the metal strips for the planned make & take so we have had a quick changeover. Fortunately the programme hadn't quite been finalised as the magnets haven't arrived for the project either. A quick decision was made to use the By Annie's petit four basket. I won a copy of the pattern a few months ago along with the soft and stable to make the basket. You can pick up a free copy of the pattern from here.



I decided to try the pattern out using Create by Quietplay. Directional fabrics are best avoided for this pattern. I prefer the Bosal which is iron on rather than the soft & table which is sew in, but that's personal preference. I have packed some more scraps of Bosal to make another at retreat in a similar but different colourway.



There are some great tips here to avoid a saggy bottom. No one likes a saggy bottom!! I also added two more decorative cotton reels to my collection using discarded scraps and some double sided sticky tape. These are from my mother's stash and a fun way to use them once the reel is empty.

No comments: