Monday, October 05, 2020

Monday make - Show me your drills and pencil case


On 1 October, another session of the FREE Show me your drills class started. Sign up at The happy ever crafter This is a very professional class run on the Teachable platform and you can then progress to learn more about the different letters, lower and upper case, numbers etc, for which there is a charge for the work books. I have signed up several times and never quite make it to the end, but I have added the daily challenge to my To do list, so perhaps this time I will make more progress.


Whilst I retrieved my supplies for the class which are mostly stored in one tray next to my computer, I realised I had more pens than I realised without including any boxes of pens. So I thought about making another slim pencil case by Svetlana of Sotak Handmade. I shared the one I made for a  retreat gift, and have made one for my daughter, but thought it would be perfect for a few pens.

Svetlana's pattern is free on her blog. A few days ago, I spotted that Svetlana has a new video tutorial on Youtube so I decided today was the day to make one for me. I grabbed this denim look fabric from the top f my chest of drawers, the lining was neatly put away in my stash and the zip was in my bag making stash. Unfortunately I didn't have the requisite 7" zip so just added 1 inch to the width of the pencil case to enable me to use an 8" zip.



The pencil case took me a total of 45 minutes to complete and the video takes you step by step through the process. I am envious of Svetlana's Babylock sewing machine which cuts the threads at the end of a seam. I will just have to continue to use scissors.


I should have been quilting a Customer Quilt today but my long arm is playing up so I stepped away from it and will check all of the leads, cables and timing tomorrow.

No comments: