Wednesday, October 28, 2020

WIP Wednesday - Halloween SAL


Each evening in October the pattern for this Halloween sewalong arrives in my inbox. I download the pdf to my phone and stitch away whilst watching some evening television. I will admit I was initially disappointed that the daily pattern arrives at about 8pm but I have now worked it into a little routine and I love it.
 

Last night's pattern was a spider and its web. I love the symmetry of this square.


I love the haunted mansion too as the colours contrast beautifully with my grey even weave fabric. Not all of the designs contrast as much as I'd like and one of the blocks hasn't yet been finished as I'm not convinced.  Only four more blocks to go. Can I finish it on Saturday night before November starts?



I have slowly started putting out stuff for our retreat in just over a week's time. Very excited, despite the restrictions we will have to operate under. we always have our own 6ft table so social distancing whilst sewing won't be a problem. I am very pleased that in previous years I put all of the single sheets, duvet and duvet cover in one bag, as it makes it so easy to extract it from the airing cupboard. No overseas visitors this year, which is a shame. We will miss them.

No comments: