Wednesday, September 30, 2020

WIP Wednesday - lucky charms pillow

 When I have been tidying my sewing space I have made a mental note of some stash that I need to work on reducing:

  • Scraps - an ongoing project
  • Black and white fabrics - possibly a plaidish quilt paired with reds
  • Linens 
  • Charm packs

I don't have any jelly rolls or other precuts but I did buy a few charm packs when I was doing the monthly Schnibbles SAL. I have seen a number of the lucky charm pillows - pattern y Jaybird Quilts on Instagram and when I saw they used the Hex n More ruler and a charm pack, I decided to jump on the band wagon.



Following Jaybird's Instagram video, it took about 20 minutes to cut the half hexagons and I put them away on Monday ready to sew at the October meeting of our Guild. Then a game of canasta scheduled for Monday afternoon was cancelled, so I had an unexpected free afternoon - time to play. I put together the hexagons on my work table and soon realised that I hadn't checked the orientation of my charm squares before cutting so two directional fabrics are not going in the right direction! Time to embrace the imperfect. 




It didn't take too long to chain piece the pillow top together. I found a piece of wadding the right size and put it aside as I had a customer quilt on my long arm. I finished the customer quilt yesterday, loaded up my new favourite digital pantograph - Chevron E2E by Christy Dillon and the top was soon quilted.


I have some red, white and blue Cam snaps which are star shaped on order, so will finish this cushion cover once they arrive. Today I need to press and finish piecing the T-shirt quilt for a customer.


No comments: