Wednesday, September 09, 2020

WIP Wednesday - Peace

 

These blocks are so addictive. Yesterday I did none of the jobs that I had hoped to do but I did some more sewing on the Peace block and I just had to piece a few sections together today. Lizzie left for the slow boat trip to Portsmouth last night and I heard from her at 6.15 am to say she was ready to drive the car off the boat. Two hours later she had stopped outside of Oxford for a break and was about a third of the way to Manchester. I have stripped her bed and tidied everything away and I am feeling like I can conquer most of my long list today. we shall see.


I have now finished the Peace block. It was the most difficult of the blocks so far for pressing as there were multiple seams meeting in the small peace cranes. I think the pops of Tula Pink patterned fabric is working with the plain Kona fabrics.

My plan for Saturday, when stitching these blocks is actually scheduled into my week, I'm going to add the borders and take out the paper from the back of the blocks. I have a virtual retreat in two weeks time, I think and I plan to use the banners with the wording in the large central block as a leader and ender project when doing the foundation piecing class.

Today I am going to quilt the third of five quilts for a customer. The first two were trimmed and collected on Monday. I also want to press my Techno Garden quilt top ready for the next video which is released this evening.


No comments: