Friday, September 11, 2020

Friday finish - #scrappysummer2020sal

 

And my baby quilt version of the scrappy summer SAL 2020 is complete. I'm not sure my scrap baskets are depleted at all. My daughter has made 40 masks for friends over the last two weeks and the basket is still seems full. However the basket does need reorganising and some re-pressing of the scraps needs to happen.



  • Pattern by The Homebody using low volume scraps along with a rainbow of coloured scraps from my scrap basket. 
  • Pantograph - Fanfare E2E by Christy Dillon
  • Quilting thread - Tiny Tuts by Superior threads
  • Binding - Riley Blake designs
  • Backing - Wordplay by Windham Fabrics from Sew Hot


I love the texture of the quilting pattern that I chose along with the pastel rainbow variegated thread. I was also pleased to find the perfect backing in my stash of backings. At the beginning of lock down I bagged up my backings with the measurements written on a sticky label so that I could more easily choose a backing of the right size. So far the systems working and I haven't cut into any of my bolts of backing recently.





1 comment:

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

Amazing quilt and that striped border was totally the way to go! Thanks so much for sharing.