Wednesday, September 23, 2020

WIP Wednesday - T shirt quilt

 


An acquaintance and distant cousin, reached out to me to make a T-shirt memory quilt from her T-shirts. I put together a budget, which wasn't enough to put her off and she duly washed and pressed all of the T-shirts. They have been waiting for me to have a clear day to make a good start on the project. I have never done anything like this before so I have approached it with some trepidation.


That day was today and 5 and a half hours later, all of the T-shirts have been pressed, interfaced and cut up. I have almost equal columns pieced. My maths was a bit wrong on the first column but fixable. I now need to carefully press the seams open, even up the columns and piece it together into a quilt top. First I need to finish a customer quilt that is on my long arm. I made good progress on it yesterday but then my machine started making a noise, so I switched off the machine and will check it out on Friday and get help from my husband with the timing if necessary. 

No comments: