Monday, September 14, 2020

Monday mojo

 Have you found your mojo yet amongst all of the changes brought about by the pandemic yet? At the start of lock down, I as very productive and enjoying the peace and quiet. Currently I have been struggling to find my mojo. I have no excuse not to sew all day as Lizzie is back in Manchester packing up her belongings to move to Aberdeen on Wednesday.


I have joined in the APQS UFO challenge for three or four years and it is only this year when Jersey Modern Quilt Group have run a similar challenge that I've felt accountable to people I know and made significant progress. I have even started adding projects to a drawer ready for next year and they are significantly smaller than some of the projects I had to finish in 2020. 


This month's project to work on for the JMQG challenge is It's a small world by Jen Kingwell which I started in 2016? It has been part quilted for about a year but last week I pulled it out to make progress towards finishing the project.


I have scheduled into my diary to quilt one building per day and you can see my progress so far. Many of us are scared of back tracking over already quilted lines but Angela Walters demonstrates that in the overall scheme of things, it doesn't really show. I have completed four buildings and have three to go so I hope to have the quilting finished by this weekend as I am participating in the Sewing Shindig virtual retreat. I think this will get a machine binding with a hanging sleeve. 

I should finish this before the end of the month and will restart taking out the papers from my TQS BOM 2012 again.



No comments: