Monday, September 21, 2020

Monday make - Jeliquilts cushions

Last weekend was the Sewing Shindig virtual retreat and I am exhausted. I did however finish three items with one left to bind, so I am pleased with my achievements over the weekend. I also did about half of the FURY block from the Tattoo quilt from HappySewLucky.

The first class was Foundation piecing with Kelly of Jeliquilts. We had one of the patterns in advance so I may have used it a a leader and ender project over the last two weeks. However I also cut out the pieces for a log cabin pattern which I pieced traditionally. 

For the flying geese pattern, I used a rainbow of handprinted fabrics from my scrap bag. These were printed by Karen Lewis and Lou Orth. The background is Fairy Dust in the Whisper colourway by Tula Pink with a striped binding from the Create line by Quietplay.


 This was made using the Create Fabric line by Quietplay on a background of metallic Essex dyed linen. all of the blocks were cut from scraps. Very satisfying.

I then loaded both cushion panels side by side on my long arm and used my current favourite Chevron Design by My Creative Stitches. Both cushions were finished with a rainbow of Cam snaps to lose. I definitely need to add to my stock of snaps as some colours are completed used up.



This cushion is a little overstuffed so I need to order some 18" cushion inners.


No comments: