Friday, September 18, 2020

Friday finish - My Small World

 


My Small World by Jen Kingwell was my JMQG UFO challenge for September 2020 and it is complete. Finished. Done. I started this as part of a SAL and had the correct issue of Quiltmania. I even organised a swap on Instagram for the 1.5" low volume squares. I like it now it's finished but for the last few years it has languished and I wished I'd never started it.


I started the year with just the sky quilted on my long arm and when the number was pulled, I finished a few other projects and started quilting one building block a day, ten days ago. It is a lovely mish mash of scraps and fabrics from retreat goody bags. I particularly like the red and white striped rooves and the wood like semi circular door.


It is great to have this finished which just leaves me with three projects for the challenge - 
  • TQS BOM Sedona Star which I am now going to add to my daily to do list as I still need to remove the foundation papers
  • Tate Modern Quilt which needs to be quilted
  • Hoffman Dream Big Panel which I need to finish quilting and then I' cutting it up to make into a bag
This weekend starting at 4pm today I am participating in the #sewingshindig2020 virtual retreat so my aim today is to finish a customer quilt so that I can take it off my long arm so that I can long arm any retreat projects when they're ready. There are only two small cushion covers that would need to be quilted and the other two projects are bags. I also plan to work on the lettering in the remaining Tattoo quilt blocks as a leader and ender project.




No comments: