Wednesday, July 08, 2015

Work in Progress Wednesday - The power of Instagram


As planned I beavered away on my Paper Piecing block yesterday. I soon realised that I didn't have enough of the Bonnie & Camille Vintage Modern grey floral fabric for the top border. I shared my dilemma on Instagram. I soon had an offer of fabric from Wendy in the US and Pippa in France said she'd have a look. Late last night, Pippa posted that she thought she might have included the strip in the Fat Quarterly retreat scrap strip swap. My heart leapt, yes I had seen a strip of bonnie & Camille in the swap. Should I get up and have a search?

 
So at 7 o'clock this morning, I pulled out my scrap strip box which was where I expected, nothing leapt out at me, but I rummaged some more and there it was a 2.5" strip -18" long - so it hadn't been cut into. With lizzie away in London, I sewed that strip on straight away. relief, the block is done.

 
 
Now what to use the block for? A mini quilt? It's too big for a lap top bag. Perhaps the side of a big tote? Any suggestions? Thanks Pippa. Another UFO gets closer to being finished.


2 comments:

Pippa Parsons said...

lol and here's me without a strip of it left :) how about one of the project bags, I made a huge one from sewsweetness but cant remember the name, with plastic bags inside or a laptop/tablet bag :)

Pippa Parsons said...

lol and here's me without a strip of it left :) how about one of the project bags, I made a huge one from sewsweetness but cant remember the name, with plastic bags inside or a laptop/tablet bag :)