Sunday, July 12, 2015

Sunday Stash - I want her stash May and June 2015


Look what arrived on Friday. No knitting needles to start making some socks, but my May and June bundles from Westwood Acres' I Want Her Stash Club arrived.

 
The fabrics in this bundle are very typical of Kristyne of Pretty by Hand whose blog I have followed for several years. My only disappointment is that there are three FQs of Essex Dyed linen. Lovely fabric but I wouldn't use it in a quilt as it's a different weight to typical quilting fabric and I'd rather have a yard of one colour for bags and similar items. I need to find the yardage I have in grey in my stash for the typewriter bag.
 
 
And June's bundle is by Alison Glass and includes a number of her own beautiful fabrics. As I already have a number of Alison's fabrics, this bundle is a fabulous addition. And I don't have any of them already apart from the text print. I don't think the text print is meant to be printed wonky, but I'm finding the slope on some of the print disconcerting.  

Linking to:
Molli Sparkles

2 comments:

Pedal Sew Lightly said...

Lovely haul. I like how one is sweet and the other is edgy. Essex is great for small projects too. Pouches, journal covers, etc...

Julia D @ Jada's Quilting Adventures said...

Oh what a lovely bundle of fabric! Maybe some small coin purses could be made with the linen pieces. I don't like mixing my cotton fabrics with other types of fabrics. I find sewing them causes puckering or one fabric will stretch way more than the cotton. Any ideas on what you're going to make with the bundle?