Friday, July 03, 2015

Farm Girl Friday - week 10 Furrows and Gingham

 
Week 10 of 23 weeks of blocks to sew along with Lori and friends. Not quite half way yet, but the accumulated blocks are filling up my design wall. I needed more 6" blocks to fill in holes and also so that the quilt doesn't continue to grow too big.
 


Furrows was foundation pieced. I drew the block in EQ7 and printed off the pattern onto photocopier paper. All of the patterned fabrics are from my scrap bags and follow the colours Lori used in her blocks.

 
The second block is gingham which is a little wonky, but once paired with all the other blocks and quilted, will look okay. I'm not sure if the background fabric is bike tracks or pearl bracelets. The dark orange is definitely grunge by Basic Grey.
 

No comments: