Friday, July 31, 2015

Farm Girl Fridays - week 14 - Introducing Penny Pig


Week 14 already. and I'm keeping up. Lori Holt has been doing a number of Farm Girl Vintage retreats with extra block patterns for participants. One such pattern is Penny Pig, which was released yesterday along with a delicious apple. Here is Penny Pig minus her embroidered details. we are about to go out for my early birthday lunch so I will embroider them after lunch. we are celebrating today as Matthew is working a double shift (lunch and dinner) tomorrow.
 
 


Then the blocks from the book are Old Glory
 
 
 
And Old Red Barn. I even found the quarter square triangle block in my scrap basket and it was the perfect size. The grey fabric is Little Apples by Aneela Hoey.
 
 
And here are the two 12" blocks together. My design wall is now overflowing, so I'm considering starting to sew a few blocks together when I tackle next week's blocks.

No comments: