Monday, July 06, 2015

ALYoF - July 2015 - Typewriter


 
It is fair to say that I have been dithering about what to work on this month. I am away for a week so wanted a smallish project as I also want to finish my cosy blanket. This project which will be familiar to some and which I haven't shared before is a Paper Piecing designed Shapemoth for a Fat Quarterly Retreat class from 2013. All I completed at the retreat was the two pieces which make up the centre with the carriage return bar thing. Fortunately I had put everything together in one project bag and put it all on my WIP shelf.
 
 
So yesterday I worked on the block along with some more Farm Girl Vintage blocks, printed out the instructions from Shapemoth's blog as we weren't given any hand out at the retreat. Then I found a few pieces missing so I printed out those too. So it is all organised on a clipboard and I think another couple of hours and I'll have all of the pieces done and ready to sew into the block. It's a 16" block so I have several options in mind:
 
Cushion
Tote bag
Laptop bag
 
First I'll finish the block.

Linking to:
A Lovely Year of Finishes

2 comments:

the running hare said...

Good that you are getting the 'typewriter' finished ( mine is still in an envelope somewhere!)

SuperMomNoCape said...

That's going to be such a fun block to make into something once it's finished!