Monday, July 20, 2015

Practising


Isn't this a cute quilt, made by my friend Val. Val tells me that the pattern is my Bunny Hill designs and the fabric is Winter Wonderland. It is a lovely quilt. The background in the centre is an off white overprinted with cream outlined dots which I particularly love.

 
I quilted it on my HQ Avante using a pantograph called Elegant Stars to pick out the stars from the applique. I used King Tut thread in Canvas. I used several new techniques that I picked up last week - cropping closed and drag and drop.

 
Matthew went to the gym at 7 am so I was able to take a photo nice and early before we headed to the supermarket to buy him some cereal.


2 comments:

Two Wednesdays said...

It looks lovely (and I am glad to see I am not the only one who has a teenage son who seems to consume vast amounts of cereal!)

Sinta Renee said...

Very sweet! The quilting is nicely done!