Sunday, July 19, 2015

Sunday stash - Indelible

 
Last week I was away learning more about the Art N Stitch and Prostitcher software for my Handiquilter Avante at the Cotton Patch in Birmingham with instructor, Lynda Jackson. I picked up lots of information, but it also proved that I know more than I give myself credit for. However I still have loads to learn and put into practise. Over the coming months, I will be working through the twenty sets of tutorials on the Art N Stitch website to improve my skills and add to my knowledge. When the manual for the updated Prostitcher software is released, I'll also work through that. I did learn that I can load the Prostitcher software onto a laptop and run it in simulator mode which is something for this week's to do list.
 
 
My flight was delayed for three hours, so I only had thirty minutes available for shopping before meeting Marjorie to share a taxi to Hall Green where we were staying and a short walk from The Cotton Patch Studio. However I did manage to pop into House of Fraser and purchase a few zips. On Thursday evening, with the courses finished and the teacher was busy finalising some design work, I headed off on the bus to Touchwood shopping centre and bought a few more zips at John Lewis and had dinner at Wagamama.

 
The reason for buying so many zips is that I plan to make at least one Noodlehead Super Tote. I also picked up some Art Gallery fabrics from their Indelible range as well as a linen look cotton as well as some Soft and Stable for the Super Tote. The Soft & Stable was expensive at over £20 a metre, so I hope it works well. It also took up a lot of room in my carry on case. I would have been better to have the Cotton Patch post my purchases home as the postage charge was £5.50 and the fee for processing the VAT form is £5, but at least I could cut into the fabric straight away.
 
Linking to:
 

Molli Sparkles

3 comments:

Jo Jo said...

If you need any more zips check out http://weaverdee.com and add code JULY for an extra 10% off, they are about 25p each - bargain :)

Pippa Parsons said...

Jo Jo
thanks for that I've just ordered like 70 zips ;o)

Two Wednesdays said...

U-handbag stock the Boasl in-r-foam which is supposed to be an excellent substitute for the soft'n'stable -but nothing like as expensive. I have some sitting under my sewing table waiting for enough time to sit down and use it.....