Wednesday, May 06, 2020

WIP Wednesday - Quilter's Planner BOM II

  


Whilst placing an order with Sew Hot for fixings for the Mister Domestic bag and the Aneela Hoey bag, I did some advanced planning and ordered some Kona solids in pastels for my Chez Soi group challenge. This is due in January 2021 and I hadn't planned to work on it until quarter 3 of 2020. However the blocks are relatively simple so I diarised to cut out at least one block a day and I cut the borders first from each fabric  as that required three 3.5" strips to frame two blocks in each colour.


I started with the April block as it could be posted on Instagram on the sewalong hashtag. And then started working through the blocks alongside other sewing.


However I soon found that I didn't have enough of the colour Peony as I was using the leftovers from my first version of this pattern. There was a lot of fabric leftover from that version and I used big strip to piece the entire backing and still had leftovers. So another Sew Hot order was needed and again I tried to be organised and ordered backings for this quilt, my Tula Pink Hex on the Beach EPP quilt and the grey dots to add to my stash.



I have now completed all of the blocks and plan to quilt it on my long arm before upgrading the tablet. I like an easy life!


Today I'm going to work on my #miniseriessal as that deadline is fast advancing and finished projects have to be shared by 31 May.

No comments: