Friday, May 15, 2020

freebie Friday - magazine sharing


I don't have any regular magazine subscriptions but my pile of unread magazine had mounted up. Once again I added to my Todoist list to read and pass on one magazine a week. My pile is now gone and I passed them onto a Jersey Modern member / customer and she was delighted.


Joe had lent me a magazine in January so I could foundation piece the puffin as a thank you gift for our next Jersey retreat in October. Once again, this WIP wasn't on my quarter 2 to do list but I did plan to work on it at last weekend's retreat. so I just needed to turn the panel into a cushion which took a morning, I am pleased with how it turned out. I had also recently sorted my basket of yellow, orange, red and pink Fat quarters and went looking for a fabric for the border of this piece. I was delighted to immediately find this print which picked out the orange in the puffin's beak and I had sufficient quantity to make the back of the cushion too.



Share magazines with friends and you might find a pattern in a magazine they pass to you. That's a freebie to me. And I used up deep stash, so that's also a win.





1 comment:

HRH-DMK said...

Super-cute puffin cushion cover. That border & backing fabric is just perfect!
~Diana K ., Hamilton (Canada)