Monday, May 04, 2020

Monday make - pocket bag



A friend gave me this pattern by Mister Domestic and it was just what I wanted to make a bag to go with some dark turquoise outfits and silver flat shoes. It has been on my to make list for six months and I thought I had purchased all of the hardware from Sew Hot two weeks ago. When I checked the pattern I needed two magnetic clasps. I found some, or so I thought, but I have five female clasp parts and no corresponding male parts. Fortunately our local fabric shop is open so I made a quick trip down on Saturday morning.


For once I cut all of the pieces out and labelled them on Friday evening and I even got half of the inset zipper done too. Once I had the magnetic clasps it was a quick make and goes very nicely with the outfit as I had hoped. The silver Essex dyed linen was leftover from another project so that was pleasing.

The project is on my 2020 UFO list but isn't our group's pick for this month, but I am ahead should it be picked any time soon.

Plans for this week:

Saturday I made this bag and on Sunday I made some more masks for WI members to be delivered along with an afternoon tea for two on Saturday to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the liberation of Jersey from German occupation. I am looking forward to the cake as it is being made by Michelle who also caters for our retreats.

Today is Monday and I plan to make the Aneela Hoey bag. I should have all of the necessary fabric and zip ready to go.

Tuesday - I am going to work on my February monthly cottage as the day will have less available time as I will be food shopping for three households.

Wednesday - The end of the #miniseriessal is coming to an end and I need to make up my final project. I have sketched up my plan but need to make some more blocks and thee ae not quick block to foundation piece.

Thursday - I have received my new Acer tablet for my long arm but I have a dilemma, do I install it and then quilt the second Quilter's Planner BOM quilt or do I install it after quilting this quilt?

Friday - The final installment of the Alice in Wonderland is released so I hope to work on it throughout the day. Not that I have finished chapters 1, 2 or 4 yet. I'm working on it an hour a day.


We have two bank holidays this week, today and Friday, not that it makes any difference to me other than my husband will take the two days off from working from home to continue decorating. A thank you gift is being sent to all staff members on Wednesday but I am expecting our afternoon tea on Saturday will be the more enjoyable delivery.

No comments: