Monday, May 11, 2020

Monday make - Quilters Planner BOM version 2


Last weekend we celebrated the 75th anniversary of the Liberation of our Islands from German Occupation. This is a photo of my parents who were here for the liberation and now they are on shut down because of my mother's health. My father who is 92 is still managing to get in an early morning walk and we chat most days. Monday is when we shop and deliver their groceries but after a double bank holiday weekend, the shops were less well stocked, so my mother feels I should shop on a Tuesday instead!! I will try that next week, but will revert to Monday if there are bigger queues.



I was thrilled to help my WI group to distribute afternoon tea for two to all of our members. We dressed in patriotic colours and socially distanced. Everyone was thrilled with the delivery.


I should have been at a retreat last weekend and the organiser not only sent us goody bags but also set up a three hour Zoom session on both Saturday and Sunday with bingo and a raffle. On Saturday I bound 3/4 of this quilt and finished it in the evening. It was one of the projects I had planned to work on at the retreat. I finished a second project which I will share with you on Friday.


I used the same quilting pattern for this version of the Quilters Planner Block of the Month as my original version This is for my Wednesday morning quilt group challenge due in January 2021. So not on this quarter's to do list, but it's complete and I'm pleased.



I ordered the backing from Sew Hot and have enough left for a similar sized quilt. Measuring up my leftover backings is another job for my to do list!! This week I am not planning a project a day. I a going to progress my Alice in wonderland cross stitch, unpick my Five Impossible Things quilt and make a few extra blocks for my Hex on the Beach quilt.

No comments: