Friday, May 08, 2020

Friday freebie - motivation


This choice may surprise you but with some of us all having more spare time than we might know what to do with, it is easy to let the days blend into one. PSA - today's Friday. My sewing room was a disaster zone a month ago and it is looking much better now, but I could still do better. My hubby is decorating the bedrooms and has almost completed three rooms and the hall so it looks like my sewing room could be next. 


Today many across Europe are celebrating VE day but tomorrow is the 75th anniversary of the Liberation of the Channel Islands and both of my parents lived here during the Occupation. Tomorrow I will be celebrating with WI friends as we are delivering a homemade afternoon tea to our 27 members. We are all looking forward to Michelle's delicious baking. 


Today's task is to clean a surface which I expect to be a quick task, better suited for tomorrow, so today I organised my basket containing the general green fabrics. Those who know me well know that I am not a lover of brown and green fabric, so they, like me, are going to be surprised at how much green fabric I have. I need to increase my purchases of red and purple fabrics and larger yardage too as I mainly have FQs.



As I have been tidying, it is focussing my mind as to what projects I should be thinking about once my UFO list is more under control. I have quite a few linen scraps which I'm thinking would make a nice improv cushion or two, a lot of black and white fabric, two layer cakes, lots of charm packs and screen printed fabric.


Whilst looking for some thread to quilt a WIP, I was overcome with the need to organise my cones of thread for my long arm. I thought I didn't have many colours in multiple cones for big quilts. Another surprise as I bagged up and labelled those with multiple cones of the same colour and I have just two boxes of single cones by Superior Threads. This was a useful task as I will focus on using up the single cones and then decide what I need to order more of. I think at the moment, I just need more prewound bobbins which I will order on Sunday.


I have mentioned previously that I use todoist to keep me on track with projects and last month I added in one extra task - "tidy sewing room for ten minutes". Simple and effective. when I saw the 30 day challenge pop up in my Instagram feed, it was just what I needed to give me extra focus.

So pop over to Gigi's Thimble and download the list - it isn't exhaustive, but it is a great start to my organising journey.

No comments: