Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Wednesday WIP - Bonnie and Camille stars


I have continued to tidy my sewing space for at least ten minutes a day and have moved onto sorting out my baskets of FQs and this week I am tackling the basket of Bonnie and Camille scraps. Firstly I sorted the scraps into colours and then I am pressing one bag of the scraps each day. It is lovely to look at your stash and remember earlier projects made. Some scraps have been segregated to send to a friend and some have been thrown out a too small to be useable.



 My sorting ha coincided with Bonnie and Camille unveiling the two quilt that they made with 3" blocks donated by quilters. A perfect use for my scraps. Initially I thought that I would make bigger blocks but soon realised that leftover jelly roll pieces, charm squares and the odd layer cake were perfect for the 12" block. I made a test block and have realised that some of my low volume backgrounds are a bit busy so I am going to add miscellaneous low volume scraps of which I have a whole basket! They have yet to be pressed.


During my tidying I found this Omnigrid project bag so have used it to keep this project together. It is intended to be a longer term project and my aim is to stitch one block per week using it as a leader and ender project. The finished blocks fit perfectly in the bottom of the bag covered by a mesh pocket into which I have slipped a design board with any completed 3" blocks.




 Then on top of this divider I have bags with cut 2" and 2.5" squares Half Square Triangles (HSTs) waiting to be trimmed and another bag with trimmed HSTs ready to be made into blocks.

I have two bag of scraps still left to be pressed but I already have room in that basket for most of my stash of Tula Pink fabrics. Progress is slow but satisfying.

No comments: