Tuesday, April 14, 2020

This week's plans

As I mentioned yesterday instead of progressing a number of projects each day, this week I am going to try and focus on one project each day from my WIP list. some have already been started and two I have only just ordered a few bits of haberdashery to kit up the patterns so I may have to change my plans. A part for my long arm hasn't yet arrived which is a shame as my plans for this week would have included quilting two of my own projects.


Tuesday
Finish The Key by Barbara Ana designs.  I have made good progress on this free pattern but I am eager to start the companion piece caked "The light" so will start the second piece if I can finish this one. I am loving the Picture This Plus linen which is a gorgeous colour and sparkly.




Wednesday
Hello friend by Berene Campbell which has been published as a PDF pattern for stores to sell. I bought my copy from sewhot.co.uk



I plan to change friend to Lizzie for my daughter's bedroom which my husband is repainting. It could be some months before we see our children as there are only two flights to the island at the moment, one with the mail and the second from Southampton for those going principally for cancer treatment.

Thursday
Year of the Tiger by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery. I tea dyed and baked the fabric for this but hadn't taken into account that the linen might shrink.  I have only made a small start to this project and I am looking forward to starting the Chinese Zodiac which is released every month for eight months starting on 22 April.




Friday
Cross body bag by Mister Domestic for which I am waiting for interfacing and zips.

Weekend
I am participating in The Thread House virtual retreat and plan to sew on Aneela Hoey's new bag pattern. Again I have ordered haberdashery to make the bag which may not arrive. However I want to finish the projects we start during the retreat so I might not even start this project.



No comments: