Monday, April 13, 2020

Monday Make - 2019 Priairie Schooler Santa




One of my crafty plans for 2020 was to stitch up a Prairie Schooler Santa every month. That means by April I should have completed four Santas. Unfortunately I have only completed two. I have most of the patterns as my children were very generous for Mother’s Day recently and they also gave me some of the 32 count Belfast in vintage stormy night. So I have plenty to keep me busy.

To give the pattern is a more modern look I have changed the red and green flosses to a brighter shade. I am also stitching them on grey instead of beige linen. These patterns have been released annually since 1984 so by my calculation that means I have 36 to sew.



I have just completed the 2019 Santa with his sheep. The only other one I have completed is the 2018 pattern with the snowman and hare. As you can see I have started two other Santa patterns and if I can complete those in May then I will have full done instead of the planned five.

On my to do list I schedule in time to work on these patterns. However this week I have changed my plan and I am going to focus on one project each day. Come back tomorrow and I’ll let you know what my plans are. Today is a bank holiday in the UK so I’m using the day to catch up on other crafty things (and dye my hair)

No comments: