Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Monday makes - virtual retreat finishes




I have three finishes from the virtual retreat organised by The Thread House. The first, I finished on the first day and I was pleased with the result as I used leather straps for the first time, though I did break a few needles.



The theme for Sunday was New York Beauty. I completed both of these projects last week. First is a cushion cover for my kitchen. I stitched simply in the ditch and then used masking tape to join points and stitch the star in the centre.  No marking and only two ends to sew in. All of the fabrics for the cushion front were from my overflowing scrap basket. Very satisfying.


I used a favourite Tula Pink Christmas fabric which looks like an irregular stripe to bind the cushion and black poppers to close the back.



Then Jo Avery showed us how to turn two blocks into a butterfly. This time I dived into my metallic ombre scraps. I then used my own tutorial to turn the block into a project bag.


I was pleased that I had enough of the Elizabeth Hartman butterfly fabric to line the project bag. You can see I quilted the block very simply in the dditch.


No comments: