Thursday, February 27, 2014

Just Sew Sue
 
I am just managing to keep up with the Quilty Fun sew along hosted by the Fat Quarter Shop. This week's blocks were three butterflies which were nice and quick to sew.


 
However when I put all of the blocks on my design board to sew the right hand side together, the butterfly blocks were too wide. Hmm. Back to first principles, I found the handout and measured the bock, which confirmed it was too large. Then I realised the wings of the butterflies were each a quarter inch too big, which totalled 1.5" over the small section.
 
 
I soon had the units unpicked and resewn and the quilt is looking much nearer to being finished. I think we have just four more sections and a signature block to do. amazing what you can make from just scraps. Even the white on white background is made from scraps of a wide backing fabric that I've used on a couple of quilts.
 
 
 
What have you been up to?
 
Add a link to your sewing/quilting post below and don't forget to visit some of your fellow bloggers and share some Brit Sewing love

1 comment:

JessicaK said...

Oh my goodness, the blocks so fun! Amazing work!