Tuesday, February 04, 2014

First bee block for February has arrived back

I have been accused of cheating with my block selection for the FQR bumbling honeys bee. I sent out the 2012 FQS designer block of the month packs to my fellow bees. They must like them as four have already been made and one of them has come back to the hive. As well as the block, I asked everyone to foundation piece a set of flying geese from the leftover fabric. The above block is from Sue.
After doing the two blocks, There is still plenty of fabric left over. Almost enough to make another block of the month. I'm hoping to find someone to swap my BOM instructions for another set.
 
 
Here are my two blocks together with Sue's blocks. It will be interesting to see what fabric ladies use for the flying geese units. I know there's at least one made from one of the green fabrics. I think the original pattern is for flying geese from one fabric, but I like this tweak to the pattern. Completely scrappy units was a tweak too far for me but would also look good.

 


3 comments:

Jo Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jo Jo said...

Mine are flying home to you as I type as well! I don't think it's cheating, just a very ingenious way of getting your quilt done! Loved making them :)

the running hare said...

I posted mine to you today as well. When I got home I discovered I had not put the card in the package. So, I've sent you some green HST's which I made with the background fabric upside down ( it was late at night!).I don't much like making flying geese with paper piecing, but c'est la vie.I think you are going to have another beautiful quilt