Another finish!! And I also got another project out of the cupboard which should be a finished quilt top by tomorrow. However I can't put that on the machine until I've quilted one customer quilt. Then I'll have just one more to finish to be up to date. This was a workshop with Carolyn Forster for Caesarea Quilters. It is a very simple but striking blocks. We were pleasantly surprised by the amount of tips and tricks Carolyn shared throughout our five days with us as although the projects were simple and well within most participants capabilities, we all learnt something.
I backed the quilt with the fuchsia hand dyed Britten fabric from Ikea which I dyed last week.
There was plenty left over which I used for the binding as it used the same dye colour as the middle pink square of each block in the top. There was still some left over so I cut it into strips for the Scrap Strip Swap taking place at the Fat Quarterly Retreat in July. So now it has all been used up and there's nothing left to put way other than the grey fabric I used in the quilt. Perhaps they may get cut up for the swap too. It would be quicker than putting them away tidily.
I quilted a Batik pantograph all over the quilt using a variegated pink thread from Superior Threads. It is a lovely pantograph.
We are out to cultural lunch at la Mare Vineyards, enjoying a picnic on the lawn with friends listening to jazz, so I have an hour before we leave, so I plan to cut a blazing star with the Accuquilt die that Lorraine bought for our Guild for £5. In the US it is $70 according to the Accuquilt website. What a bargain.