Thursday, May 30, 2013

Distracted by Deckade the Halls

Distracted from finishing a UFO once again by another can't miss Sew along. This time it's the Deckade the Halls by Fat Quarter Shop. Their quilt uses ten fabrics to celebrate a decade in business from the Basic Grey Aspen Frost range. I am using a selection of fabrics from my stash to make up the quilt. I love the ornaments quilt I made last year from Bonnie & Camille stash so I'm hoping this one will work out equally as well.
 
Here's a picture of the full quilt from the Fat Quarter Shop blog.
 
  

And here's my version of the first row. The next pattern will be released in two weeks time when I will be able to use the alphabet pins I made earlier in the week.


From left to right the fabric I've used is: Lu Summers Summerville Spring, Sew Stitchy by Aneela Hoey and Pearl Bracelets.

2 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

might just have to check it out xx
blocks arrived to day thank you so much xx

Sarah said...

I thought about this BOM but I really don't need another Christmas quilt, and the colours just weren't enticing me. Yours are much better than the original.