Friday, May 17, 2013

FNSI May 2013



I've been in a quandary as to what to work on at the moment. I briefly dug out my TQS BOM 2012, but that's been put away again. I have the Accuquilt cutter out with the double wedding ring dies to do a block for Roz but it looks so hard.

Tonight is FNSI with Heidi so this morning I have made a decision as to what I'm going to work on over the next week. I have just one more client quilt to work on and then I can quilt something of my own. So drum roll please, I have dug out my Fat Quarterly retreat honey bee star blocks. And what do you know I still need two more blocks to make a nice square quilt.


Lorraine picked up this blazing star die at a craft show for £5 and it has also sat on my cutting surface all week. So I now have a plan. I'm going to make two more star blocks with this die and start piecing together the quilt top. I also need to put my hands on my favourite white on white to finish the top. I think I'll need to buy some more to finish the Bee in My Bonnet row along though.


I need to play some more with the layout of the blocks and then I'll need to square some of them up ready to quickly piece together the top. I must remember to take a photo first so I can remember where verything goes.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Gorgeous blocks!