Monday, December 10, 2012

Houndstooth quilt kit


I met Justine and her cute newborn son of Simply Solids at the Fat Quarterly Retreat in June this year. This is what Justine has posted on her website today:


I was so thrilled to collaborate with Justine to produce this kit for her shop. It is avaialble in various sizes from cot quilt to double and in your choice of fabrics, so the variety is limitless. It would look lovely in red and white, shades of the same colour, black and white, football teams or house colours (Go Nelson).

This is what Justine wrote about me (blush):

Simply Solids are really pleased to offer this great Quilt Kit designed by blogger Sue Bone.


I first met Sue at the Fat Quarterly Retreat this year and was really pleased when she wanted to collaborate on kits with me – her work is great. You can check Sue out at her blog and here’s what she has to say about herself!

“Hi my name is Sue Bone and I live in Jersey. Whilst I am a qualified accountant, I am now a domestic engineer and I spend many enjoyable hours immersed in fabric. Last year I invested in a Handiquilter mid arm machine so I also quilt quilts for many of my friends from our local guild – Caesarea Quilters. I made my first quilt over 30 years ago – eek. It was a hand pieced hexagon quilt from remnants from the clothes my Mum made us. The first sewing machine I ever used was my grandmother’s treadle sewing machine with its shuttle instead of a bobbin.

I went to the inaugural Fat Quarterly Retreat in 2012 where I met many lovely bloggers, but never got to cuddle Justine’s lovely baby who I only ever saw sleeping. I have already booked for 2013 and am looking forward to meeting old friends and new and doing some fabric shopping at the retreat. My favourite fabric designers at the moment are Bonnie & Camille, Lori Holt and Lu Summers. Whilst the family still sleep, I start surfing the internet for inspiration from my favourite bloggers and shops. Living on an island, I rely heavily on internet shopping but you get two thrills from internet shopping, the first is when you order, then you have the anticipation and finally second thrill arrives when your fabric drops through your letter box!!”

Thanks Justine. feel free to ask me again.

No comments: