Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 a year in review

As we approach the end of 2012, like many, I'm taking time to look back at the year I turned 50. Some of the highlights include:

  • Winning the Caesarea Quilters trophy at our local Eisteddfod with a UFO that got finished this year.
  • Baltic cruise to celebrate my 50th
  • Inaugural Fat Quarterly retreat in London
  • Visiting Knit & Stitch with Claire to celebrate my birthday
  • Having a pattern published with Simply Solids


I was disappointed to end the year with so many client quilts waiting to be quilted as I've been without my Pro Stitcher for over a month and the timing has now gone on my machine so it will be a few weeks before I'm back in business.

I'm looking forward to:
  • Second Fat Quarterly retreat
  • Visiting Knit & Stitch to celebrate Claire's 50th
  • Stepping down as President of Sirens WI and Chairman of our Guild. It's time to let others take the reins and it will release a lot of time for me.
  • WI trip to Denman with a lot of shopping along the way.

My tree skirt will not be finished for even twelfth night, so it becomes another WIP.  My next priorities should be to decide what I'm going to finish to enter in 2013 Eisteddfod and tidy my craft room. I need to do this before our next Guild meeting so that I can make full use of the sales table.


2 comments:

Anna said...

Love your bag with the bicycles! So Cool!

Sinta Renee said...

I love the opportunity to take a group photo of the years' projects. Your quilts are all so beautiful and I love that bag too. I have the pattern... and have it on my list to make! Thanks for sharing!